Capturing Coordinates from the map
It's possible to capture the coordinates of your cursor using the right-click (control-click) on the map.
- Move the map to your chosen location.
- Hover the mouse over the exact location to capture.
- Right-click on the map to bring up a right-click menu.
- Hover over 'Copy'
- Choose from one of the following:
- Coordinate. The two coordinates of the location in your current map projection.
- Coordinate (Lat Long). The two coordinates of the location in Latitude Longitude.
- Extent. The four coordinates representing the far left, right, top and bottom of the current map view.
Once selected, the coordinates will be copied to your computer's clipboard.
Using the Coordinate Finder
Overview The Coordinate Finder can be found under the VIEW menu. It allows you to enter coordinates from a variety of coordinate systems and find the location of those coordinates on a map. For example, if you have the British National Grid ...
Copy a value from a feature's attributes
Overview You can easily and quickly copy the contents of an attribute field from a layer using the copy--to-clipboard button. Method Switch on the layer you're interested in in the Layer Control Single-click over a map feature (such as a point, line ...
Using the 'Go to Extent' feature
Overview This feature will zoom and reposition the map so it shows all map objects within the layer you've selected. So it's going to the full extent of that specific layer. You'll find the 'Go to Extent' menu option when you click the Cog icon ...
Using the Public Map
Overview The Public Map module is a tool for creating interactive read-only maps that can be embedded into public websites. Video Tutorial Compatibility Compatible Services Parish Online XMAP for Local Government Limitations / Terms Safari is not ...
Producing a map for a Planning Application
This tutorial relates to uses of Parish Online and XMAP within UK Local Government. Overview Local Councils may, on occasion, need to produce a Block Plan or a Location Plan as part of a planning application submission. This can be done in Parish ...